Wednesday, November 24, 2010

In Celebration of Turkeys

Conversation I had in the dead of night last night:

Me: I don't get what happens when the President pardons the turkey. "So, you're pardoned, but we're going to eat you now"?
Husband: No, they don't eat that one.
Me: So where does the turkey go after that? Does it just live at the White House? Also, pardoning it implies that it's done something wrong.
Husband: They bring the best turkey they can find in from somewhere and the President goes, "You're such a great turkey we're going to pardon you." I think Roosevelt started it or something and now all of them have to do it.
Me: Huh.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Extra special thanks to my friends and family. I feel incredibly blessed to have you in my life.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your line of thinking, Sarah. What has the turkey done wrong? What?!

    ReplyDelete