This year, I ...
Okay, while that was more than enough excitement for the year, it would also make this my shortest blog post ever, which means I may as well have Tweeted it instead (and probably will).
So here are some more stats.
This year, I...
2) Sold my second Young Adult novel, High and Dry, to Amulet Books
3) Read 46 books (27 Young Adult or Middle Grade; 2 Non-Fiction;13 Adult; 4 Graphic Novels). Next year I hope to read more Non-Fiction as that's usually a bigger category for me.
4) Interviewed four Young Adult and MG novelists (Sarvenaz Tash, Trish Doller, Diana Renn, and Katie McGarry and Natalie Bahm) about their fantastic debuts for the Lucky 13s blog and my own blog (YOU ARE HERE)
5) Hosted a guest post and giveaway for Samuel Park and his wonderful novel, This Burns My Heart
6) Wrote an essay about Malinda Lo's Ash for the LA Review of Books
7) Wrote three guest posts (A "Day in the Life" post for Sophia Chang's series; "How Do You Choose a Narrator?" for Lisa Gail Green's blog; and A Tribute to Hollis Resnik for Amy Spalding's Musical Theatre Monday Series)
8) Revealed Maria T. Middleton's beautiful cover for my Young Adult novel, Bruised (in stores 3/5/13!)
9) Joined SCBWI
10) Made some new friends who graciously shared advise and writerly comfort (waves to Cat Winters, Elisabeth Dahl, Shelley Coriell, Anita Grace Howard, and Ann Stampler)
11) Cried approx. 17,000 times from exhaustion, joy, grief, and as a general hobby
12) Other Things I Don't Remember Right Now
Did you blog a year in review for 2012? Link me in the comments below. I'd love to read about it.
And if we don't talk till 2013, Happy New Year!