Thursday, January 17, 2013

Introducing "What The...! Wednesdays"

Considering that...

A) It's not Wednesday but Thursday that I'm typing this
B) I have no topics pre-selected for tonight anyway

...I'll understand if the title of this post is confusing. Last year I updated my blog (almost) every Thursday, but for 2013, I'm moving to Wednesdays, for a new series I like to call "What The...! Wednesdays." On "WTW"s, I'll be answering questions about books, publishing, agents, editing, and anything else I feel equipped to explain / pontificate on now that my book is honest-to-God coming out, with a second contracted for 2014, and a third being rough drafted.

Until recently, I didn't feel comfortable writing advice posts because I didn't believe I had the authority or experience to talk about publishing. Not saying I'm suddenly an expert, but I have learned A LOT over the past couple of years and I think it'd be fun to answer questions for those who are starting out or want to know more about the process of becoming a traditionally published author.

On that note, feel free to send me questions via Twitter or email, and I'll post my answers on the blog every(ish) Wednesday. If I don't know the answer, I'll find someone in publishing who does, and interview them on the topic.

In other news, I joined Sleuths, Spies & Alibis, a fabulous resource for teachers, librarians, writers, and mystery/thriller fans of all ages.

I also continue to be active at the Lucky 13s blog, where we're celebrating our debut year (AT LAAAAAAAAST) in style. Check out our frequently updated Appearances page to find out when a Lucky 13s author will be signing books or speaking on a panel near you!

See you next Wednesday, Mousketeers.

2 comments:

  1. So excited to have you at Sleuths, Spies, and Alibis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an excellent plan! See you on Wednesdays :)

    ReplyDelete