Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Some Like it Rainy


We spent the long weekend in San Diego visiting my sister and her husband, dodging the rain storms and trying to stay dry. I felt bad because the last time they visited from Wisconsin it also rained the whole week! We were lucky enough to spend Sunday and Monday night at the Hotel del Coronado, which has been around since 1888 and is probably most famous as the setting for the Marilyn Monroe comedy "Some Like it Hot."

Although the rain was a bit of a disappointment, it forced us to explore museums we wouldn't have bothered with on a sunny day, so that was pretty cool, and we all had a wonderful time.

Also, at a gas station on the drive back, I saw a candy I'd never heard of before: Squigglents. It's possible I'm misspelling them. I already regret not buying any, whatever they were.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you ended up having a pretty great time. I want some of that candy - I've never heard of it, either. :-)

    ReplyDelete