It's time to look back on the year and see what I accomplished. If you're feeling compare-y and contrast-y, check out my Year-End Stats for 2009 and 2010.
In December of 2010, here's what I hoped to accomplish in 2011:
"In 2011, my goals are to research, write and revise my newest YA novel, contribute to DearTeenMe.com, give audio books a real chance, and bring actual knitting back to my knitting group. I'd like to go jogging twice a week, and read at least 50 books, partially so I can surpass that goal."
Here's how my checklist turned out:
1. Wrote and revised a new YA novel? Yes!
2. Contributed to Dear Teen Me? Yes! You can read my letter here.
3. Gave audio books a real chance? No! Not even remotely! Didn't even try! Why am I using so many exclamation points!
4. Brought actual knitting back to my knitting group: Yes! Knitted two hats.
5. Went jogging twice a week? Hahahahahaha. (Wipes tear.)
6. Read at least 50 books? No! More like 45. Which is a drop from 2010 (when I read 62) and an even worse drop from 2009 (when I read 100). However... I did read a bunch of WIPs and ARCs from friends whose books are coming out in 2012, and I gave notes on manuscripts, and I also read 450 screenplays at work. So it's not like I wasn't reading. [/defensive]
Other Fun Stats (maybe I should've listed these first):
I sold my novel (wooooooooooo!), attended a fun writing conference in NYC (where I got to meet my agent, editor, and lots of cool writing peeps), and joined The Lucky 13s. Lastly, my husband and I have a fresh work-in-progress due early next year. (Before anyone freaks out, the imbibing photo above is old.)
How did your year stack up against your expectations?
What are your hopes for 2012?