Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Trouble With Vintage Magic Posters

My husband and I would really like to decorate part of our new place with vintage magic posters, sort of like the ones seen in the gorgeous Taschen coffee table book, "Magic 1400s to 1950s."

The problem is, many of the promo sheets from a hundred or two hundred years ago feature demons or devils whispering in the magician's ear. Ideally we'd like a wall-spanning image of Carter or Thurston. Nothing says, "Welcome to our home!" like a 9 foot tall demon with gleaming eyes.

(I guess the search continues...)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I'm laughing so hard.

    "Nothing says, 'Welcome to our home!' like a 9 foot tall demon with gleaming eyes."

    Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee, thanks! We're getting closer to finding that perfect combo of creepy/magical.

    ReplyDelete