In the meantime, I'm really enjoying the Pardon My Youth YA book club at Skylight Books. So far, we've read:
- The Messenger by Markus Zusak
- What I Saw and How I Lied* by Judy Blundell
- Rats Saw God* by Rob Thomas
- Tyrell by Coe Booth
- Fat Kid Rules the World by KL Going
- For October: Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan
I also try to pick up at least two YA books whenever I'm at the library. This weekend I read Fly on the Wall by E. Lockhart (hilarious and wonderful) and Looking For Normal by Betty Monthei (more middle-grade than YA, and a gutwrencher).
*I read these two prior to joining the club, proving that YA's scope and appeal goes far beyond the shelf it happens to be categorized on.