Thursday, April 26, 2012

Barnes & Noble Binge

You may have noticed I didn't review Mad Men on Monday. Basically, it was impossible to be depressed this week because three friends' debut books came out!*

1) Sarvenaz Tash's Middle Grade adventure, THE MAPMAKER AND THE GHOST. I read the book last year in ARC form, and now I get to own a copy.



It was thrilling to see her book "in the wild." I also got to interview Sarvenaz at the Lucky 13s blog.

2) Publishing-mate Shelley Coriell's fabulous Young Adult novel, WELCOME, CALLER, THIS IS CHLOE. (Bonus: It was shelved next to THE GIRL IN THE PARK, the newest release from one of my favorite authors, Mariah Fredericks!)



3) Agency-mate Jennifer Wolf's YA, BREAKING BEAUTIFUL. I've heard nothing but amazing things about her work so I'm excited to dive in; I ordered a copy and hope to pick it up next week. Jennifer was also interviewed over at Lucky 13s.

*Okay, so I haven't watched it yet. Apparently raising a baby cuts into one's TV schedule. Who knew?

4 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD I DIDN'T KNOW MARIAH FREDERICKS HAS A NEW BOOK OUT AND HOLY CRAP LOOK AT THAT BEAUTIFUL COVER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! It's fun to read new books, but even funner when you know the author. Just think, next year we'll be saying this about YOU!

    I'm almost through season 3 of Mad Men. My goodness, it's addictive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie! Your enthusiasm is SOO appreciated :)

      Delete