Friday, July 31, 2009

I Can Haz Dream House?

Navigating the world of Los Angeles real estate, and by that I of course mean the world of Santa Clarita real estate juuuuuust outside L.A., even in this supposedly "first-time buyer's market," has been confusing and bizarre.

We are so desperate to move and I needed a laugh, so I was psyched to see One-Minute Book Reviews', er, one-minute book review of Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House (also a film with Cary Grant), about a New York couple's move to the countryside. Further synchronicity: a co-worker of mine had a copy of the book and lent it to me.

I feel so much better now, after reading about the various ways in which Mr. Blandings is ripped off! And how out of his depth he is! And how he wants to jump at the first place he sees because he's convinced the nefarious Other People will get there first. Because -- yes. I can relate, even though it takes place in the 1930s.

We have an awesome real estate agent, and I've been yanked bank from the brink of despair and/or overexcitement more times than I can count, but no matter what happens, it will not compare to the insanity of poor Mr. Blandings and by that I am comforted.

Also: stop barking, dog who lives in my apartment building.


No comments:

Post a Comment