1) Fat Kid Rules the World by KL Going (for August book club -- I'm actually reading it ahead of schedule!)
Read This Week:
1) Feed by MT Anderson (excellent, eerie sci-fi)
2) Shortcomings, a graphic novel by Adrian Tomine (bittersweet, darkly comedic relationship drama)
1) KL has also written a great how-to book on writing and selling Young Adult novels. A must-read for aspiring authors in that genre
2) Another New Yorker article, this time about people who donate kidneys to strangers!! "Do we find them noble or freakish?"