Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Wee FAQ About Magic


Q: What's it like being married to a magician?
A: It is magical.

Q: Seriously now.
A: It's like Hogwarts. All the time. (Seriously, it's great.) Joe's got mad skillz and it's fun to see his routines before anyone else. One of my favorite things when I'm at his shows is to scan the audience for people's reactions. I love seeing how astonished and happy he's made them.

Q: Does he tell you all the secrets OMG?
A: I prefer not knowing, and I rarely figure things out on my own; my brain simply doesn't work that way. I spent several months researching magicians for my novel, and that was a blast -- but I wasn't looking much into the how-to's of tricks. It's more fun for me to wonder.

Q: Do you hang out at the Magic Castle (private Hollywood club for magicians) a lot?
A: I used to go once a week, but now it's more like once a month. Joe understandably likes to talk shop with other magicians, so I try to give him space to do that. I love bringing people who've never been before, and seeing the place through their eyes -- there's no club like it in the world!

Q: Which style of magic do you like best?
A: I'm sort of biased, but I think close-up magic can be the most amazing to witness live. I also have a soft spot for Vegas-y shows that use big cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment