Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Are We Really Doing This?

The latest fashion trends have me giggling a bit and I assume they aren't only being followed in L.A. Everywhere I go I see oversized belted sweaters with leggings or skinny jeans, tall but flat-heeled boots, and the occasional cape-like jacket or cardigan trailing along... where have I seen this before?

It's The '80s Meets Superhero style. I love it! The '80s need no introduction. The boots and tights, however, remind me of my Halloween costume senior year of high school (I went as Kitty Pryde, long before any of the X-men movies came out). I wore tights, long, flat rubber boots, and a leotard type thing, though I didn't wear a cape. Most people thought I was a Power Ranger.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go knit some leg-warmers. (I'm totally serious.)

These things are cyclical, right? Please let flannel come back in 2020 because '90s grunge was super comfy.

2 comments:

  1. Ha, ha. I love it. Who wouldn't want to dress like a superhero everyday?

    I tend to dress "mommy casual" (i.e. jeans and old tee shirts) regardless of current fads. As long as I don't go out in public it works well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My standard outfit also tends toward jeans and t-shirts, but I can't resist the boots-and-leggings these days, too :)

    ReplyDelete