Thursday, March 17, 2011

Memories of Japan

I tried coming up with a good blog topic this week but the news out of Japan, most recently the sacrifice being made by the workers in the nuclear reactors, has been so incomprehensibly awful that I can't concentrate much on writing or reading.

My husband and I spent our honeymoon in Japan in 2004. It was a long held dream of ours to travel there, and I think we took more than 400 photos. We visited Tokyo and Kyoto, two extraordinarily beautiful and very different cities that, to us, represented the contrast between modern and traditional ways of life. Everyone we encountered was friendly and helpful and we loved our time there.

Worried about scams, or feeling overwhelmed by how and where to donate to relief efforts for Japan? Here's some quick info on legit U.S. Organizations Accepting Donations.

If you're like me and live in an earthquake-prone area, you might consider putting together an emergency supply kit. (And if you're lazy like me, they also sell pre-made ones on Amazon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment