Saturday, September 5, 2009

To Buy or Not To Buy?

My bookshelves are overflowing and I'll be moving soon -- hopefully -- so I don't want to add to my collection too much right now. I'm also a library addict, so every once in a while I suffer from Bad Reader guilt for not buying more books.

That's why the upcoming holiday season is the perfect fix. I can buy up a bunch of books I love, or that I think my friends and family will love, and give them as gifts. No clutter, no guilt.

This month is crazy. A ton of big name authors are coming out with fresh material: Margaret Atwood, Alexander McCall Smith, Dan Brown, Nicholas Sparks, Anita Shreve, Nick Hornby and Mitch Albom all have new books being released. (Thanks to About.com:Bestsellers for the scoop.)

For the holiday weekend, I'm curling up with Admission by Jean Hanff Koreltiz and Kim by Rudyard Kipling, as well as a friend's manuscript.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment